Every month we have the following topics available. You can enter 4 photos per month into any of these sections;
- Topic of the Month
- Technique of the Month
- Open Manipulated
- Open Not Manipulated
- Our Conditions of Entry will apply. If you submit an image, it indicates you agree to these conditions.
- An open and pictorial topic.
- This section is intended to allow any method of post processing on an image, and to allow multiple photographs to be combined into a single image.
- No special rules apply to this section.
- Any manipulation is allowed.
- Ideas: travel, portraiture, landscapes, fashion, architecture.
- When photographing people or pets, it is important that the eyes are in sharp focus.
- Be aware of how to compose a good picture. Read more here.
Open Not Manipulated
- An open and pictorial topic, with special rules that limit the kind of post processing that is allowed.
- Some popular genres of photography, such as Photojournalism and Wildlife, have limitations on the kinds of post processing that is allowed. This section is intended to cater to this.
- Any adding or removing of pixels. E.g. No cloning or modifying of individual pixels. (Cropping is allowed. Removing dust spots is allowed.)
- HDR or stacking.
- Do not change the story or remove elements of the picture by cloning pixels (You may remove dust spots only).
- Crop and rotate the image.
- Clone out minor imperfections such as dust spots.
- Levels and contrast.
- Saturation or desaturation.
- Borders are allowed.
- Dodge and burn.
- When photographing a wild animal, you should not show man-made objects (such as roads). Radio collars or identification tags are acceptable.